When visitors come to our site, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
The data we collect
We collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Activity on our website: This is data about your browsing activity on the website or app. For example, which pages you visited and when, what items were clicked on a page, how much time was spent on a page, whether you downloaded a white paper on a business to business website.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access the website. For example, your device's IP address, cookie string data, operating system, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads 3rd party has served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that 3rd parties lawfully receive from other digital advertising companies that they work with (“Advertising Partners”) to help them deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers (meaning identifiers that help identify your browser or device, but do not directly identify you as a person) which some Advertisers or other third party Advertising Platforms choose to share with them – for example, your "Customer ID" with an Advertiser, an identifier (such as a cookie) associated with a hashed version of your email address, or demographic data such as age range. They may work with us and their Advertising Partners to synchronize unique, anonymous identifiers to their own to enable them to more accurately recognise a particular unique browser or device and the advertising interests associated with it.
- Emails: We may choose to share your actual email addresses with 3rd party, so that (with the help of Advertising Partners) 3rd party can help the us serve targeted ads to customers. For example, if you have given ACME Soccer Ball Co. your email address, through our service, ACME Soccer Ball Co. may send you a promotional email for a soccer ball you looked at but did not purchase. Similarly if you provided your email to a software website when you downloaded a white paper, through our services the software company may send you a follow up email providing you with more information about the software company’s products or services. 3rd Party uses clear emails supplied by us only for the purpose of assisting us with their own advertising efforts and, in some cases, so they can report performance data back to our CRM / reporting system. – 3rd party does not share email addresses with other third parties for their advertising purposes.
- Hashed email addresses: 3rd party may collect hashed versions of the emails that are entered on our site. Hashing is a “one-way function” that effectively pseudonymizes email addresses. For instance, when firstname.lastname@example.org is run through a typical hashing function, it becomes the following string of code: 0F0B7B1A1A7E8BDBBC6AA545F8CCD6F83671B32479271BFCB6CC8498912058D5. 3rd parties take this step to de-identify data and protect email addresses, while being able to use an identifier to better connect devices and browsers.
How do i opt out?
Following links will allow you to opt out of 3rd party targeted advertising: