With the increase in the advancement of technology, people are relying on their smartphones for simplifying their daily life schedules. They have now started to rely on their phones for medical and healthcare solutions as well. Thus, developing a mobile application has become important in the current scenario as it helps to monitor nutrition levels and health conditions. This provides people access to basic level healthcare with just one click.
With the help of a medical application, users can flare-up or prevent any diseases. They don't have to wait for any serious symptoms to occur. The users can get professional medical consultants directly on the device. This is very important as people living in villages, suburbs, poorest cities, or areas affected by war can get access to the basic levels of healthcare.
With the help of a medical application, you can also conveniently and easily sketch a doctor's appointment or share your health-related information. Thus, a medical app will help effectively manage their medical conditions, Hospital visits, insurance claims, and fitness goals.
How Much Does The Medical App Development Company Charge For Its Services?
The cost of a medical app will completely depend on the complexity and the number of hours spent on developing it. According to the statistics, it generally takes 35 to 40 days to make a fitness application in the Android version. It takes the same number of hours to build the app for the iOS platform too.
For developing the mobile application in both iOS as well as Android platform it will take approximately 19 to 20 days. If you are looking for saving resources then outsourcing app development can help a lot. This helps to get a high-quality result. Cliffex offers a consultation as well as quotations for developing a medical app or any other healthcare app.
Features, requirements, and team composition help to determine the cost estimation of the deal.
How much does it cost to develop a Medical Mobile Application?
The cost of developing a medical mobile application depends on the complexity and size of the application. Also, the location of the developers and the number of hours invested in the development of the application plays an important role in deciding the development cost.
- US-based developers: – $100 to $250 per hour.
- Eastern-Europe based developers: – $80 to $180 per hour.
- India-based developers: – $25 to $50 per hour.
Moreover, a feature-rich medical mobile application can cost around $20,000 to $35,000 for a single platform.
Full-Stack Medical App Development
- Business Analysis- It is the practice of changing an organization's context through recommending solutions and defining the needs to deliver value to the stakeholders. There are different sets of techniques and tasks performed for business analysis.
- Wireframing- It is a two-dimensional skeletal outline of an app or webpage. It provides a clear picture of the page structure, user flow, layout, intended behaviour, functionality, and information architecture. Wireframe is commonly used by UX designers and allows the stakeholders to agree on developing the interface with codes.
- UI design- It is a process used by designers for building interfaces in computerized devices or software. It basically focuses on the style and looks. It aims to create interfaces which are easy to use by the users.
- Backend implementation- It is also known as back-office implementation. It is that part of the application which is hidden to the users. it helps to access the information that users require. It combines and transfers information and returns them in a new shape to the requester. So, backend implementation helps the application to give life to the front-end.
- Application development- It is the process of creating a set of programs to carry on various tasks that is required by a business. It helps in calculating monthly expenses, scheduling sales reports, increase in efficiency, and helps in automation. Every app follows the same steps- collecting requirements, designing prototypes, test, implementation, and integration.
- Data security assurance- It is the process through which you can save your data with the help of encryption, data sensitivity, key management, homomorphic encryption, and tokenization. It does not add any additional controls for counter risking any security.
- Maintenance- It involves functional repairing, servicing, or replacing any necessary devices, machinery, equipment, building infrastructure, etc. It is connected to the use of technical or product systems that includes the concept of maintainability. There are 4 basic types of maintenance; reinforcement, corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, and predictive maintenance.
- HL7 integration with EHR/EMR and other systems- HL7 was introduced to solve the problem of managing better communication standards. Due to various communication and increased number of healthcare applications, it was necessary to create this integration. It is a user-friendly standard which helps in communicating between 2 or more apps. It needs the involvement of clinical application analyst, application programmers, system analyst, and integration specialist.
Our experts ensure smooth integration between the mobile software and your internal infrastructure, including EHR/EMR, RIS (radiology information system), LIS (laboratory information system), RCM (revenue cycle management), scheduling and other solutions you may be using.
Our Key Healthcare Solutions
We provide the following solutions for a personalized experience across various devices:
- Fitness Apps
- Fitness tracking Apps
- EMR (Electronic Medical Records) Software
- Mobile Hospital Management Solutions
- Health Insurance software
- Pharmaceutical App Development
- Healthcare Mobile App Development
Steps For Medical App Development
To develop any healthcare apps, companies need to follow a certain step:
Studying the Medical Mobile App Development Market
According to a consumer survey conducted in the USA, it is reported that a quarter of the adults use more than one health tracking application. In the past year, one-third of the positions have already recommended the patients to use healthcare apps. In the coming years, it is estimated that the use of wellness and fitness app is going to be triple.
According to the stats, there are approximately 3,18,00 healthcare apps that get featured in the top app stores. With the help of these applications, users can easily share health-related information, thus, the shareholders have started to show interest in the medical sector. A lot of applications become a fail due to poor user experience, unsatisfactory functionality, and confusing user interfaces. The medical applications fail due to:
- Poor usability
- Lack of clinical input
- Lack of proper structure not addressing any specific problem
- Failure to comply with various security practices and privacy regulations
Thus, before consulting any development company, you need to define a specific goal for your fitness app. Also, think about the targeted audience. This affects the application's overall usability. If the healthcare app can make a connection with the users, the app will be a hit among users. So, while building an app do answer the question of whether the customer or user liked the app or not. As he or she will use it regularly.
Key features for successful Medical Mobile Apps
With huge competition in the healthcare sector, developers are constantly searching for new ways to develop better fitness and healthcare app. The most important part of an app is to analyze and collect the patient's information from various medical devices. This requires a huge range of features that can be challenging during the development process.
The developer needs to get to know the demands of the targeted audience. If the development team gets to know the audience requirements it becomes easy for the application to be known in the market. According to statistics, only 11% of the health care and acts of the patients have all the desired functionalities.
Various types of healthcare applications that can be used formulated by the companies are-
1 - Application for Easy Medical Referencing
- In this kind of application, the app includes evaluation and management coding, reference guides, and some other specialized medical reference materials.
2 - App for Managing Healthy Lifestyle
- This kind of fitness app includes monitoring diet and exercise, fitness tracker, healthy nutrition, and pregnancy and baby development.
3 - Apps for Assistance in Diagnosis and Clinical Use
- This kind of application includes the possibility to check symptoms, reviewing lab test results and electronic charts, access to personal health records (PHR), and viewing digital imaging abilities.
4 - Reminder Apps
- This application includes the appointments or prescriptions of the users in the app.
5 - App for Monitoring Remotely
This application includes features like remote heart monitoring, remote checks of oxygen levels, telehealth services, ECG viewing, and life scanning of diabetic patients.
Hiring Medical App Developers
Building an in-house healthcare application is a no brainer. It requires the same time zone and workplace and with no language barriers, cultural fit, and easy communication the application can be created. But there are certain challenges that the in-house team faces. They are;
- High cost
- Staff Turnover
- Lack of versatility
- Lack of talents
If you select a proper outsourcing healthcare app development company, you will get the leverage of the following benefits:
- High-quality service
- Cost efficiency
- Non-stop service
- A huge pool of talents
- Streamlined processes
In the world of software outsourcing, three models can help you develop the desired fitness app.
- Project-based model- this is an optimal choice for or companies that have planned and predefined their scope of the project. The company outsourcers end-to-end medical software development. In this model, a team of developers works on the project from the beginning to the end.
- Dedicated team model- it finds the software development company that helps to build the application based on the required skill set.
- Staff augmentation- in this model the third party builds a team of developers. The business owner bears complete responsibility for managing the project
Concealing the Medical App Information
When developing a medical app for any healthcare app, it is important to maintain security and ensure the protection of sensitive personal data. When the data is transmitted or stored, it should be encrypted at all stages according to the guidelines. With the help of data encryption, it helps people to get an access key or a password which can be a secret code or any other form which is accessible only to the user. When data is encrypted it is known as ciphertext, is when data is unencrypted it is known as plaintext.
Currently, most organizations are using encryption as an effective and popular data security method. With the help of infection digital data remains safe and confidential as it gets stored in the computer systems and is transmitted through the internet or other networks.
Providing a Better Digital Experience
According to the stats out of 100 hospitals in the USA, only 66 of them offer mobile healthcare apps. But only 2% of the patients use them regularly. Building a healthcare app needs of great digital strategy and a good mobile app development agency. Here are the tips to find a perfect healthcare app development solution-
- Finding an agency with previous experiences in the healthcare industry
- Prioritizing the mobile app design
- Walking with the agency on a long-term basis
- Selecting the developer with more talent than the prices
Testing the Medical App Before Launching
Investing money and effort into professional software testing is worth it. The reasons being:
- It helps to know the maximum load that your mobile app can handle. Testing in advance helps you to understand the limits of all the processes and whether to expand its capabilities.
- It helps to find the hidden bugs. Ensuring the proper functioning of the application.
- It helps to ensure safety and security to avoid data gaps and privacy leaks
- It helps to ensure that the app is user-friendly and satisfies the customer’s needs.
Skipping the test will lead to the loss of customers as well as credibility. Quality assurance plays an important role in the growth of the business.
Staying Updated With the Next-gen Technology in Healthcare
In the USA, one of the biggest issues faced by the healthcare industry is the legacy system which cannot handle the advancement of technology every year. Thus, in creating a healthcare mobile app you must ensure that it can adopt the new technologies over time. Some of the examples are:
- Blockchain technology in the healthcare industry
- Internet of things and healthcare
- Artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Virtual reality reaching healthcare
- Immersive 3D videos
Marketing and Adoption of Your Medical App
After having the vision and completing the health care app development process it is the actual time to get user adoption. For marketing, you must reserve at least 25 to 30% of your total budget. Your app must make a noise and be a talk among people. You must attract people to your app and increase its brand awareness. The basic goal for any healthcare app. With the help of testimonials, infographics, blog posts, and shot videos you can grow your online presence and get noticed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1 - How to create a medical app?
The medial app can be created as:
- Deciding what kind of app you want to build
- What functions will be served by the app
- Researching for privacy
- Decide the platform and devices to support
- Creating an accessible UI/UX design
- Coding the app properly
2 - Can you hire someone to build the healthcare app?
Yes, you can hire a medical app development company for developing a Medical app for Doctors & Patients. They will take care of everything from the beginning to the end and create a user-friendly app.
3 - What is a medical app?
Medical apps are application programs, which help to offer health-related services for various devices like tablets, PC, and smartphones. Major motive of medical app is to work as a bridge between health professionals, i.e., Doctors, physicians etc & Patients.
4 - Why you need a medical app?
The reason why the medical apps are needed today are -
- It is a bliss for doctors and medical staffs
- It is a boon for remote areas
- Patients receive instant first aid through the app
- Internet of Things got collaborated with healthcare apps
- The emergence of new business opportunities and models
- Reducing the risk of the wrong diagnosis
- Easy bull payments through the app